After seasons of yellow gold jewelry ruling the accessories world, there has been a shift toward silver for 2021. With major fashion houses already featuring silver on their runways, people are noticing it in everything from chain link necklaces, thick cuff bracelets, delicate charms, and more.
Silver is subtle and classic, and can take you back to jewelry created decades ago. Now that it has once again gained the favor of jewelry designers, you will able to embrace it and see new and exciting items coming to retailers near you soon.
Why Select Silver?
If yellow gold has monopolized your jewelry box for years, this is a perfect time to branch out and see if silver suits you. It has some interesting traits and benefits that could make this metal one to add to your wardrobe.
- Silver is a reflective metal with a bright tone, making it shiny and noticeable.
- Sterling silver is different from pure silver, which is quite soft. Sterling has an addition of another metal (often copper) to give it durability.
- Sterling silver is considered a precious metal alloy.
- Sterling silver can be a more affordable option than gold and platinum.
- It is lightweight, making it a great metal for daily wear.
- It is considered very customizable because it is not only affordable but also a very workable metal.
- Silver is hypoallergenic.
- It has multiple health benefits and is known as a microbial agent, which helps fight infections.
Whether you are choosing some of your first silver pieces or you already have a super shiny jewelry wardrobe filled with this metal, silver jewelry options will be plenty this year with its newfound popularity. You’ll love some of the great properties you find when owning and wearing silver. But before you clasp your new necklace or bracelet cuff for the first time, contact Lavalier for a personalized jewelry insurance quote and protect your newest sparkly possessions.
- 8 jewelry trends from the spring runway. www.thezoereport.com. (Accessed March 22 2021).
- Why Choose Sterling Jewelry. www.inspiranzadesigns.com. (Accessed March 22 2021).