You might be on top of every seasonal trend for your clothing wardrobe, but are you keeping up with what’s new for your jewelry? Consider adding a few trending pieces to your jewelry box for a new and updated look.
Top 10 New Trends
A recent survey asked more than 800 jewelers in North America to predict the “next big thing” in jewelry. They responded with these top 10 trends to be on the lookout for in your local jewelry stores.
These sparklers are created through an industrial process, as opposed to a
geological process that creates natural diamonds. The chemical composition is
the same but they differ in origin and value.
- Yellow gold: This has been
making a comeback thanks to vintage-inspired jewelry and celebrity rings such
as Meghan Markle’s three-stone beauty in yellow gold.
- Spinel stones: Spinel gemstones
often have a more modest price, are available in nearly any color, and are
durable with a Mohs hardness of 8, all of which makes them very appealing.
- Silver jewelry: This metal is
versatile, timeless, and sophisticated, making it a great choice for your
- Custom bridal jewelry: More and more
couples are creating personalized bridal jewelry for their engagement rings or
wedding bands. Making something unique allows them to tell their own love
- Stackable rings and
These can make a subtle or bold statement and allow you to mix and match for a
customized effect. This popular trend allows you to easily express your unique
- Men’s jewelry: Engagement rings
for men have been growing in popularity to show their love and commitment for
their bride-to-be. Men are also starting to choose fashion rings as an
engagement ring, and they have more options than ever for their wedding bands.
- Pearls: While these have
been a classic staple for jewelry wardrobes, they are now making a comeback for
a newer generation. Consider wearing them in a more laid back way with jeans
and a casual top for an updated approach. Think coffee shop instead of country
- Alternative and
asymmetrical bridal jewelry: Asymmetrical jewelry and stones are going to
have a major moment (along with oval diamonds and three-stone rings). Today’s
bride doesn’t want her ring to look traditional and an asymmetrical stone gives
her that unique and personal touch.
- Vintage or pre-owned jewelry: Vintage jewelry can connect you to history and provide a sense of significance and meaning. You can also redesign you own older piece for a custom look that you will love to show off.
No matter how you decide to update your accessories and add to your existing wardrobe, you will want to insure your fine jewelry purchases and keep any new treasures well protected. Contact Lavalier for your personalized jewelry insurance quote today.
- 2019 Big Survey: Jewelers Predict Next Trend in Jewelry. www.instoremag.com. (accessed Nov 11 2019).
- Spring Trend: Pearls. www.cupofjo.com. (accessed Nov 11 2019).
- Why Choose Sterling Silver Jewelry. www.inspiranzadesigns.com. (accessed Nov 11 2019).
- Best Engagement Rings for Men. www.overstock.com. (accessed Nov 11 2019).