The Ultimate Wedding Planning Package Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR JEWELRY INSURANCE QUOTE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR JEWELRY INSURANCE QUOTE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The Ultimate Wedding Planning Package Sweepstakes (hereafter, “Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older, as of the date of entry. Officers, board of directors, employees, representatives and agents of Lavalier Insurance Services, LLC (“Lavalier”), Big Picture PR, LLC (“Big Picture”), and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, child, or sibling, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) of such officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Active military deployed can enter the Promotion through an established Power of Attorney. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
2) SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of the Promotion is Lavalier Insurance Services, LLC (“Sponsor”): 1325 Howard Avenue, #807, Burlingame, CA 94010. The Administrator is Big Picture PR, LLC (“Administrator”): 340 Pine St. Ste. 504, San Francisco, CA 94104. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
3) AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4) PROMOTION PERIOD: Promotion begins 12:01:00 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on January 17, 2014 and ends 11:59:00 pm PT on February 14, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Promotion Period will not be eligible.
5) HOW TO ENTER: There are five (5) ways to enter the Promotion (outlined below). All methods of entry are free. Limit three (3) ENTRIES PER PERSON FOR THE DURATION OF THE PROMOTION PERIOD consisting of no more than one (1) entry by either quote or mail-in and no more than two (2) entries by social media (Facebook, and/or Twitter). Entries received in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Any quotes obtained prior to or after the Promotion Period are not eligible for entry into the Promotion. Each valid entry, regardless of method of entry, will have an equal chance of winning.
FIVE (5) METHODS OF ENTRY:
6) PRIZE DRAWING: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted on or about February 14, 2014, from among all the valid entries received.
7) REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified on or about February 14, 2014 by telephone and/or email and/or overnight mail and/or mail and will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where allowed by law) within seven (7) business days of date of issuance of such documents. Grand prize will be issued to the Grand Prize Winner within thirty (30) days of verification and adherence to the Official Rules based on documentation provided by the winner.
Noncompliance with these Official Rules, the inability of Sponsor to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period, or a prize or prize notification being returned as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner being selected at Sponsor’s discretion. Entrants agree, by entering, that Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check and that entry in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s permission for Sponsor to conduct such background check, provided that, to the extent additional authorization is necessary, entrants shall authorize such check. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant based on the results of the background check or failure of the entrant to properly authorize such check. You are not a winner until all required paperwork has been validated by Sponsor. No transfer, assignment, or substitution of prize is permitted except by Sponsor who may substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion for any reason whatsoever.
8) PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: An engagement and/or pre-wedding planning package consisting of an engagement photo session with Suzy Clement Photographs, a three (3) hour wedding planning session with Downey Street Events, a one (1) hour consultation with Sharla Flock Designs, and a $500 credit towards a purchase from Diamondere (Suzy Clement Photographs, Downey Street Events, Sharla Flock Designs and Diamondere, each a “Vendor” and collectively the “Vendors”). Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) = $4,000. Each component of the prize must be taken on the on date(s) and terms specified by the Vendor or Vendors or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If any portion of the prize is canceled or postponed for any reason, balance of prize will be awarded in full satisfaction of prize award. Actual value of prize may vary depending on final details arranged with the Vendors. Winner will be responsible for all additional or incidental services purchased from the Vendors, including but not limited to upgrades, gratuities, or other services than those described above, and for all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated herein as being provided.
All other costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded as part of prize, including, but not limited to, all federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE WILL BE TREATED AS INCOME TO THE WINNER AND THE WINNER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT AND REPORTING OF ALL APPLICABLE TAXES. SPONSOR ENCOURAGES YOU TO CONSULT YOUR TAX ADVISOR TO DETERMINE HOW WINNING THIS PRIZE MAY AFFECT YOUR TAX OBLIGATIONS.
9) ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
10) PUBLICITY: Winner agrees, by entering, that Sponsor and each of its designees may use (unless prohibited by law), winner’s name, city and state of residence, photograph and/or likeness for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification.
11) GENERAL CONDITIONS: The use of script, macro or other automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of entry) to participate in the Promotion is prohibited and any entry through such means and any entry that is deemed to be ineligible (at Sponsor’s sole discretion and in accordance with these Official Rules) will be void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant who participated via Online Jewelry Insurance Quote Request or Call-In Jewelry Insurance Quote Request, the entry and prize will be awarded to the individual assigned to the applicable quote received by Sponsor, provided such individual is eligible according to these Official Rules. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, damaged, or inaccurate quote requests or entries or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of quote requests, entries, or the announcement of the prize; or for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Promotion-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to: 1) disqualify any entrant and void any entries of entrants whom Sponsor believes have attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper use of this Promotion or are in violation of these Official Rules; 2) modify, terminate or suspend this Promotion should unauthorized human intervention or other any causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper use of the Promotion, or for any other reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In the event of termination of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received and combined up to time of such action. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO APPLICABILITY MAY VARY BY LOCATION.
12) ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, and not as a participant in any class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in San Mateo County, California; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs directly attributable to participating in this Promotion), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
13) CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California, USA.
14) RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. Entrants agree, by entering that the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) or participation in this Promotion. Each entrant agrees: (1) to waive all rights to claim or collect punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages; and (2) that all causes of action relating to this Promotion will be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action.
15) WINNER’S NAME: For the name of the winner (available after February 15, 2014), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by February 28, 2014 to: Ultimate Wedding Planning Package Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Big Picture PR, 340 Pine St. Ste. 504, San Francisco, CA 94104.