Making a once-in-a-lifetime purchase can feel a little daunting. So, if you are thinking of buying an engagement ring online it can feel even scarier, but can be done safely with a little research and preparation.
Is this safe? This question is the first thing on everyone’s mind when considering buying your diamond ring through an online store. The short answer is yes as long as you buy through a trusted retailer. A reputable jeweler will calm your typical concerns of getting scammed and your worries of it getting lost in the mail. Plus, if they are a trusted brand, they won’t want their reputation getting damaged and they will make sure you are happy with your purchase.
But no matter how much you trust them, ask these questions before you “add to cart”:
- Will it be insured during shipment and for how much?
- How does the insurance process work if it is lost or damaged in shipment?
- How long do I have to return the ring if I’m not satisfied?
- Do you offer free returns?
- Is there a warranty and for how long?
- Can the ring be resized for free?
- If I need a refund, does it come in the form of credit or a full refund?
- How is it packaged to be shipped?
- What carrier do you use for shipping?
Diamond Buying DOs and DON’Ts
- DO make sure to purchase a diamond with a grading report from GIA, AGS or other reputable grading lab.
- DON’T hit checkout until you know the return policy. No returns equal no purchase!
- DON’T buy if the deal or special offer seems too good to be true.
- DO stick with a reputable jeweler brand that offers a variety of options.
Buying an engagement ring online can be a successful purchase if you take your time before you buy. If you have questions, spend time talking to their customer service department until all of your concerns are answered and you feel comfortable. Once your beautiful ring arrives on your doorstep, don’t forget to keep it safe and protected through jewelry insurance. After it is unwrapped, the very first thing on your to-do list is to contact Lavalier for a personalized insurance quote.
- How to Buy an Engagement Ring Online. www.moneyunder30.com. (Accessed October 23 2020).
- Should You Buy Your Engagement Ring Online? www.theknot.com. (Accessed October 23 2020).