If you are thinking of buying a sentimental gift of jewelry for your best friend, it might take you back to days of splitting up a heart-shaped necklace. Things have come a long way since grade school, but the idea remains the same. Your best friend has been with you through good times and bad, and you want to show your love and appreciation to her for all that she has done in your life.
Do’s and Don’ts
- DO consider buying a designer piece of jewelry for someone you have known for years and who you will be friends with for many more. If you’ve known them a long time this will help you choose the perfect piece of jewelry for her personality.
- DON’T just decide to buy this on a whim. Take your time and make sure it’s something your best friend will love.
- DO select something that speaks to her style. Don’t just pick a piece that you would like.
- DON’T buy jewelry in hopes of making up for a fight. It’s not the right time, plus it’s all she will think of when she looks at her gift.
- DO choose an item that can remind her of your relationship over the years. Maybe you can select jewelry that reminds her of a trip you took together, or consider giving her a charm bracelet that holds significance to you both.
- DON’T buy something that is very far out of her price range. She may want to reciprocate at some point and if she cannot then your gift might not come across as the kind gesture it was meant to be.
You know your friend best, but be sure you are giving her an appropriate present. There are plenty of friend-worthy jewelry gifts including:
- Birthstone Jewelry
- An initial necklace
- Jewelry (or a specific designer) that gives back to her favorite charity
- Charms and a charm bracelet
- Fashion rings
- Hoop earrings
- Wrap bracelets
- Anything by her favorite designer
- Gemstone cocktail ring
- Bar necklace (this is a perfect gift to engrave with something meaningful)
- Toggle bracelet (many have a large heart or coin, making it a gift that can be engraved)
- Stud earrings (this is a great choice if she has multiple ear piercings; choose a set where she can mix and match)
- Infinity loop jewelry
Pick your Person
You know who you want to shop for even while reading these tips, but don’t let the spirit of giving (jewelry) get you carried away. This gift is meant for your closest of confidants. Hold off on the jewelry buying when it comes to:
- Acquaintances or brand-new friends
- A boss or supervisor
Stick to those in your closest inner circle and they will love the gesture! Once you’ve picked out the perfect piece, sit back and know that she will cherish this token of friendship for many more years of your relationship together.
- Do’s and Don’ts of Buying Jewelry for a Friend. www.markschneider.com. (Accessed June 8 2020).
- 15 Meaningful Jewelry Gifts for Friends to Show Them How Much You Care. www.thezoereport.com. (Accessed June 8 2020).