Congratulations! Your significant other (finally!) popped the question. You’re ready to ride off into the sunset and settle into a life of married bliss. But wait! Before you start planning seating charts and interviewing vendors for the big day, there’s something you should take care of first: insure that gorgeous new jewel you’re sporting.
Why do you need jewelry insurance? Great question! Here are nine reasons why you should get jewelry insurance for your engagement ring:
- Because your friends want to try it on. There’s sure to be plenty of oohing and aahing over that perfect ring. And when your klutzy, accident-prone friend wants to try it on, you don’t have to hesitate. Pass that baby over and share the love! If she does manage to chip or damage the ring, you know you’re covered.
- Because your fingers change size. Did you know that the temperature, season, and even time of day can affect the size of your fingers? When you dive into that clear blue Cabo water on your honeymoon, that sudden blast of cold could shrink your fingers just enough to loosen your rings. Don’t spend your honeymoon in tears!
- Because you have enough to worry about. How will you do your hair? Who is going to be your flower girl? What horrible stories might your fiancé’s perpetually-soused best man spill during his speech? Trust us – you’re going to have enough on your mind without worrying about your new engagement ring.
- Because there are bad people out there. We hate to bring you down from cloud nine, but thefts and burglaries happen every day. Each year more than 15 million Americans are victims of property crimes, and jewelry is the most-stolen type of personal property. If you’re ever in that situation, you want to be able to hand over your jewelry without a second thought – no ring is worth risking your safety!
- Because it’s too soon for your first fight. Your fiancé spent hours poring over girlie bridal magazines and talking to pushy sales reps to find the perfect ring. It probably means as much to him as it does to you! If you misplace it, he’ll be crushed – and probably frustrated. When you have jewelry insurance, a mistake like that becomes a minor inconvenience, not a full-blown crisis.
- Because you’re responsible. “I’m a responsible person,” you think, “I’ll never lose my rings!” A lot of people bank on this, but life throws you some curveballs. Expect the best, but prepare for the worst. The best way to prove you’re a responsible adult is by providing for any contingency.
- Because it’s cost effective. The average engagement ring cost almost $6,000 in 2013. That’s not a small amount! If your ring was lost or stolen, would you really want to shell out all that money again? Jewelry insurance through Lavalier costs only 1-2% of the value of your jewelry. Make an investment now so you don’t have to pay for it later.
- Because the story of how you got your ring is much better than the one about how you lost it. You know how when you get together with family, the same stories are told over and over again? Like the time your sister’s horse rolled over in the mud during that family trip to the dude ranch, or when your cousin brought the cat to school in his backpack. Well, which ring story do you want to tell? We’re guessing it’s the romantic proposal!
- Because you love it! The minute he slips it on your finger, that ring becomes one of your most prized possessions. For the first few weeks, you won’t be able to stop looking at how it dazzles on your finger. You never want anything to happen to this representation of your future husband’s love for you. Keep it safe with jewelry insurance from Lavalier.