If you love to make a statement with your fine or costume jewelry, 2019 could be your year. While dainty accessories and classic pieces have been ruling the jewelry scene, it’s time to get ready for a maximalist year.
More is more in 2019 and the jewelry theme will include statement necklaces, gemstone clusters, bold chokers, extra-large earrings and more.
Trends to Look For
- Statement earrings – Some of the new choices for 2019 will be free-form metal, ombre beads, and woven/crochet styles. You might also like trying a long and sleek drop earring with multicolor gemstones or pearls. Or opt for a fun mismatched fashion pair – one large statement earring paired with a subtle option.
- Chokers – Chokers are back, but this time you will find them bolder and dressed up with gold and pearls.
- Gemstone clusters – If you love color with your fine jewelry, you will love the adventurous multicolor gemstone clusters found in both necklaces and earrings.
- Charms and medallions – These will be popping up on everything from bracelets and necklaces to earrings. Enjoy some nostalgia from your youthful charm bracelet days with this modern twist.
- Updated hoops – Hoops will never go out of style but little tweaks keep them relevant every year. This upcoming seasons’ hoops will be bulky or oversized. Fine jewelry trends show hoops with pearl or gemstone accents.
- Bold bracelets – These include large cuffs and other daring choices. You may even choose to wear your cuff on your upper arm for an edgier look.
- Chains galore – Large chain links will be showing up on everything from necklaces, bracelets, dangling earrings, and even belts. Thick chain chokers will combine two fads for an on-trend look.
- Bright resin jewelry – Look for this 80s update with bright resin freeform pieces. Now your fashion jewelry wardrobe will stay chock-full of color.
- Shells and beads – Think spring with the shell jewelry that will be appearing on necklaces and earrings. You will likely spot shell jewelry mixed with tangles of beads.
- Coins – Old and new metal coins are being added to necklaces, earrings and bracelets.
- Silver – Silver is edging its way back into the limelight after gold has been the “it” metal for many seasons. Silver is a great metal for making diamonds sparkle and gemstones pop.
- Jewelry head-to-toe – Anklets and toe rings will also be making a comeback in 2019.
Your Personal Style
This return of loud and colorful jewelry might just make you want to stack your arms with bracelets and layer necklaces with reckless abandon. While your classic pieces will always stand the test of time, it’s exciting to make some adventurous choices in your jewelry wardrobe for 2019. Once you add some of these bold options to your current collection, consider personalized jewelry insurance with Lavalier.com. Peace of mind is always on trend.
- The Best Spring 2019 Jewelry Trends from the New York Fashion Week Trends. www.accessoriesmagazine.com. (accessed Dec 12 2018).
- The 9 Spring Jewelry Trends Everyone Will be Buying in 2019. www.WhoWhatWear.com. (accessed Dec 12 2018).